Advisory Board Member
Blanca Commercial Real Estate
As Vice Chairman of Blanca Commercial Real Estate, Hank Klein plays a key role in the firm’s new business development efforts. Widely regarded as one of South Florida’s foremost commercial real estate professionals, Hank has almost 30 years of market expertise, having served in leadership posts with Flagler Realty Services/Codina Group, Codina Bush Klein Realty – where he built one of the most successful brokerage firms in South Florida – and Cushman & Wakefield of Florida.
Hank joined Blanca after having successfully served in key roles at some of the South Florida commercial real estate industry’s largest and most well-respected companies. He most recently served as Executive Director for business development at Cushman & Wakefield of Florida. There, he originated local, statewide and national business relationships, generating nearly $2 million in gross commissions over an 18-month period. Prior to joining Cushman & Wakefield, Hank was Vice Chairman at Flagler Realty Services/Codina Group, a publicly-traded real estate development and transportation firm. In this role, he was responsible for marketing the firm’s product lines and services, soliciting new business opportunities, managing client relationships, and mentoring new brokers. As President and CEO of Codina Bush Klein Realty, the brokerage subsidiary of Codina Group, Hank managed four offices and 35 commercial brokers across South Florida and grew the firm’s transaction volume from less than $2 million in 1988 to more than $85 million by 2000.
- Within 18 months, generated $2 million in gross commissions for the firm
- Actively managed ongoing client relationships and supervised broker/client interactions
- Solicited new local, statewide and national business opportunities and worked with brokers to service clients requirements, including presentations and contract negotiations
Civic Involvement/Fundraising/Membership Sales Activities:
- Member of Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce 1981 – present
- Chairman, Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce 2007 – 2008
- Sand in My Shoes Dinner Chair, chaired the Chamber’s annual major award and fundraising event four times; personally responsible for contacting potential attendees and for selling the majority of the table sponsorships. Event sold out each of the four years.
- Membership Drive Chair, chaired the Chamber’s annual membership drive two times; broke chamber record
- of more than $2 million in membership sales.
- Recognized as one of the top five membership drive sales producers in the Chamber’s history
- Conducts annual training session for board of directors on membership drive sales strategies and techniques
- Miami Dade College Board of Trustees, vice chair 1999 – 2007
- Downtown Development Authority Board of Directors, Chair of Economic Development Committee 2008 – present
- Performing Arts Center Trust (Adrienne Arsht Center) Board of Directors 2008 – present
- United Home Care Services board of directors 2008 – present
- Miami Finance Forum board of directors 2010 – present
- Miami Science Museum board of trustees 2011 – present
- Miami Foundation (Dade Community Foundation) Board of Governors 2005 – 2010
Corporate Board Memberships:
- Fiduciary Trust International (A Franklin Templeton Company) 2002 to present
- Transatlantic Bank (Subsidiary of Banco Sabadell) 2008 – 2010
- University of Miami, bachelor’s degree in education